'/>

Hazel Home Art and Antiques Wausau, Wisconsin

Hazel Home Art and Antiques Wausau, Wisconsin

Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Wedgeport Inter-Collegiate Game Fish Seminar & Fishing Match from the family archives of Muffy Aldrich.

One of my very favorite websites is muffyaldrich.com. Known as the site for all things in the true preppy style, Muffy discusses everything from traditional fashion, lifestyles and culture, decorating and design, and even traditional New England cooking and recipes. One of her main themes is the lifestyle of New England and its relationship to the Atlantic Ocean, the weather, flora and fauna and sporting traditions. Often, she shares photos from her families fabulous archives that date to the 1940's. I found this one really interesting, an Intercollegiate, Ivy League fishing tournament from the 1960's. Remember, these are not photos for Ralph Lauren advertisements, they are the real deal, not posed. As Muffy says, "the true preppy doesn't wear sailboats on his clothes, he dresses like a sailor".

























2 comments:

  1. I took part in the Intercollegiate Game Fish Match and Seminar on Cape Cod in 1958. I have a plaque from that event. I was a student at University of Mass. at the time. Do you have any information about who else from University of Mass. participated in that event, besides me? Do you have any photos of the event? Who won the contest? What schools in addition to UMass were involved in the event? I'd love to hear from you. Sincerely, Donald J. Forrester (My e-mail address is forresterd@ufl.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took part in the Intercollegiate Game Fish Match and Seminar held on Cape Cod in 1958. I was a student at University of Massachusetts at the time. Do you have any information about that event? Who else from UMass participated? Do you have any photos of the 1958 event? My name is Donald J. Forrester and my e-mail address is forresterd@ufl.edu Thanks.

    ReplyDelete