“I am most happy when I am covered in paint, my hands saturated with pigment, and my eyes searching for the “right” piece of collage to complete a composition and expression.”

I draw from nature, landscape, and abstract expressionism, attempting to strike a balance between painterly gesture and the physicality of a pasted collage fragment. I mine a personal and aesthetic history for source material, re-using scraps of old handwritten letters, yellowing labels, sheet music, sewing patterns and other memorabilia from the lives of familial others, creating something new from something old.
I create dialogue and play between the graphical history and textures of the found materials and the fluidity and opacity of paint. Remnants of imagery appear and disappear in my work as the materials are washed and worn by layers of paint. It is my intent to give the viewer a “glimpse” at a recognizable fragment or common history so that they may be reminded of their own memories when looking at my work. (courtesy the artists website)