'/>

Hazel Home Art and Antiques Wausau, Wisconsin

Hazel Home Art and Antiques Wausau, Wisconsin

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Vintage Unitron BU17 Versamet Metallographic microscope.

When I was a teenager I worked at the physical plant of Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis. Besides learning the basic of various trades I was also exposed to really cool old lab equipment. One day they decided to get rid of a bunch of stuff. You should have seen the look on my mom's face when she came to big me up. I loaded her car up with tons of cool stuff and then set it up in my bedroom. Most of it I didnt know their purpose but they sure looked cool. Perhaps that was an influence I still utilize today.  We found this piece at a garage sale here in Wausau last summer. Check it out. 

Ca.1960's Bueller Unitron versamet metallographic microscope. The behemoth of vintage microscopes. Measures 35 x 13 x 13 inches. This one has lots of extras like a lower mono eyepiece that is intact, film cartridges, color filters and an assortment of variable power eyepieces. Condition is really nice, no missing pieces or scratches. Early 1960's vintage scientific laboratory optical microscope equipped with a camera for both visual observation and photography of the structure and constitution of a metal or alloy. the versamet series n microscope is equipped with a unique optical system with multiple illumination techniques and built in camera with overhead light. manufactured by unitron, a leading designer and manufacturer of microscopes and telescopes since 1952. Great prop or vintage science equipment collectible.

 




 Available for purchase here

#science #microscope #antique #laboratory

No comments:

Post a Comment